Bariatric Surgery is a procedure which cause weight loss by restricting the amount of food the stomach can hold which results in malabsorption or by a combination of gastric restriction and malabsorption. Dr. Patta Radhakrishna, one of the best gastro surgeon in India provides bariatric treatment in Chennai at affordable cost.
The most common Bariatric Surgery procedures are the following
1. Gastric Bypass
In this procedure, a small pouch is created by dividing the top of the stomach from the rest of the stomach. Then the first portion of the small intestine is divided and the bottom end of the divided small intestine is brought up and connected to the newly created small stomach pouch. The procedure is then completed by connecting the top portion of the divided small intestine to the small intestine further down.
- The amount of food consumed will be restricted to a limit
- Makes favorable changes in gut hormones that results in reducing appetite and enhance satiety
2. Sleeve Gastrectomy
In this procedure approximately 80 percent of the stomach is removed and the remaining stomach will be a tubular pouch which resembles a banana.
- Requires no foreign objects and no re-routing of the food stream
- Relatively short hospital stay
3. Adjustable Gastric Band
In this procedure an inflatable band that is placed around the upper portion of the stomach and creates a small pouch above the band. The rest of the stomach will be below the band.
- Involves no cutting of the stomach or rerouting of the intestines
- Is reversible and adjustable
- Has lowest rate of vitamin and mineral deficiencies
4. Biliopancreatic Diversion with Duodenal Switch
In this procedure a small tubular stomach pouch is created by removing a portion of the stomach and a large portion of the small intestine is bypassed. So that the food patient eats empties directly in to the last segment of the small intestine through the tubular stomach pouch which results in a significant decrease in the absorption of calories and nutrients.
- Reduces the absorption of fat by 70%
- Most affective against diabetes
- Results in greater weight loss
Mail Us : email@example.com