Anal fissure is a condition caused by occurring a tear or cut in the anus and which extends upwards into the anal canal. Anal fissure occurs in anoderm, some specialized tissue that lines the anus and anal canal. Due to repeated episode of diarrhera and hard stool anal fissure worsens. Pains are severe during bowel movements.
- Itching and irritation around the anus
- Stool is bright red in color
- Anus is surrounded by a visible crack in the skin.
- Near to the anal fissure there occurs a small lump or skin tag
- It is better to consult a doctor if you find the presence of blood in stool
- Pain during bowel movement and presence of stool in the blood is found, need to consult a doctor.
The common causes of anal fissure include passing or hard large stool, childbirth, chronic diarrhea, constipation and straining during bowel movements
- Drinking more fluids
- Eating fibrous food
- Warm bath (sitz bath )to relax anal muscles. It relieve pain, itching and irritation
- Application of topical pain relievers
- Immediate treatment during the occurrence of diarrhea
- Changing diapers frequently
- Keeping anal area dry
- Consumption of fibrous food
A fissure can be diagnosed by a careful examination of the anus. After the application of a topical anesthetic to the anus a vigorous examination can be done. A tag of skin at the end of the anus reveals a chronic case of fissure. An endoscopic evaluation can be done if there is rectal bleeding. Colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy, upper gastrointestinal and small intestinal x-rays are also suggested for the diagnosis and evaluation.
Diseases of intestine, bile duct, liver and pancreas come under the department of Gasteroenterology. Gastroenterology department of SIMS offers best Surgical Gastroenterologist and Laparoscopic services. A team of qualified doctors are behind the success of the hospital. SIMS is the best anal fissure surgery hospital with the best Anal Fissure Surgeon in Chennai.
For more details,
Drop a mail at email@example.com